Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Catechumen's Corner

a semi-regular feature wherein Layla recounts What She Learned in RCIA
Previous Installment

October had 5 Sundays, so it has been longer than usual since my last class. In that time, my sponsor has worked with me a lot (albeit unintentionally (or so he says)) on my whole attitude about the class. He's given me several lessons on proper humility that I'd do well to apply to all aspects of my life lots more faithfully than I am wont.

Today's class focused on the Church's teachings on Death. We were supposed to watch a video on the topic, but the VCR decided otherwise.

We discussed when and what sort of life support measures/devices are required or permissible. Fr. Joe also talked about cremation and the rules pertaining thereto. He brought up cadaver donations to medical schools or other research organizations. This was very interesting, as I was not aware of what CCC 2301 acutally said on the subject. Yay for learning stuff.

Sts. Charles Borromeo and Robert Bellarmine, pray for us.

File Under:

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I've always been interested in learning what the faith says of cremation and end-of-life devices since some people have asked me about them but I don't know the answer. Could you elaborate on what is acceptable and what is not?

Thanks

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home