Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Can I borrow $249,000.00?

I find this absolutely heartbreaking. I don't know anything at all about why the church is being salvaged, but the fact that it is hurts me. It's a pretty church with fantastic marble altars and a pipe organ.

The ebay listing says it is in Humboldt, Kansas. The Diocese of Wichita lists one church in Humboldt: St. Joseph at 322 North 6th. This history, from 1998, says St. Joseph in Allen County is at 514 Central. Why did they move? Is the new church as nice as the one that's on ebay? If anybody knows anything about this, please clue me in.

Sigh. My only consolation is that the seller says he "reserves the right to sell only to a church or religious community." That's a huge relief.

File Under:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that church is not the Catholic Church. That is the Presbyterian Church which has been vacent for years. One of the staind glass windows of Jesus has 6 toes one one foot.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Layla said...

What a relief. I don't know what a Presbyterian church was doing with such pretty altar pieces, but maybe somebody will be able to acquire them and get good use out of them.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home