Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Monday, January 23, 2006

And you thought prosecuting Santa Claus was bad

Wow. I am completely flabbergasted. We complain an awful lot about what American judges do. But this? This should get you slapped with a contempt of court fine. And it's not just the legal absurdity, it's the cognative dissonance too:

Cascioli is quick to stress that he has no problem with Christians freely professing their faith. Rather, he says in his complaint, he wants to "denounce the abuse that the Catholic Church commits by availing itself of its prestige in order to inculcate - as if being real and historical - facts that are really just inventions."
So, it's ok for me to practice my faith until I say Christ actually existed? Right. Let me get right on that.

(ht, AMDG)

File Under:
File Under:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home