Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Recommendation and a Reflection

My ongoing research project has me in "All Eucharist, all the time" mode (not a bad thing, by any stretch), so I give you this article by Fr. John Hardon, SJ for your Easter reading.

I've been trying to think up some profound post upon the first anniversary of my reception into the Church, but I really can't come up with anything. That's not to say that this hasn't been quite the profound year for me, spiritually speaking, but I just haven't any words to describe what's happened. It doesn't feel like it's been only a year, really. Being Catholic is as natural to me as breathing now. I haven't been "in" very long, certainly, but in a lot of ways I can hardly remember what life was like before. Particularly, I've no idea how I managed to live without the graces He grants through His Presence in the Blessed Sacrament. How does anyone?

Please join me in praying for Amy, a dear friend of ours here at IVA, for Jennifer F., and for all other candidates and catechumens coming into the fullness of the Truth tonight. May they feel as blessed by God and as welcomed by His family, the Church, as I do, and may their faith only grow in steadfastness and in fervor as they continue their journey heavenward.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home