Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Music!

The Shrine of the Holy Whapping has up the lyrics to "God Bless Our Pope," a wonderfully and blatantly Catholic hymn (as opposed to the aweful recycled Protestant mush that often gets played in church -- why is "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" in the hymnal!? Leo X must spin in his grave). This reminded me of a spectacular site for such hymns, although their copy of "God Bless Our Pope" no longer plays. My favorite might be "I Am a Faithful Catholic," especially the ascerbic last verse:

If base it is to yield before
The persecutor's rod
Then baser far to side with those
Who insult the Church of God
Who insult the Church of God

File Under:

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

You know...I kinda like "A Mighty Fortress is our God." For a Protestant hymn, I mean. it's a lot less wishy-washy than, oh, the St. Louis Jesuits...

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home