Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Monday, November 07, 2005

An insult!

I've have liberals and the like call me a lot of nasty names in my day, and I relish in most of them ("fascist" and "closed-minded" are my favorites, I think, not because I really am a fascist, but because the people who say them know so little about what they're actually saying, and the "close-minded" one is an opportunity to quote Chesterton). However, today I've received a new insult: "apostate."

While I am excited about my first ecclesiastical hate-comment, I am very puzzled, and wish the commenter had left a more in-depth tirade. For starters, he left the comment on Layla's Alabama post. Perhaps the person associates the SEC with false theological teachings. But then again, he got to the site by googling "Jehovah Witnesses" and "Philippines." And he spelt Catholic with a lowercase c. So perhaps he is a JW. But then you think he would have simply told me that I was going to hell for not being a Jehovah's Witness, instead of accusing me of being a Catholic apostate. Of course, were he actually Catholic, I am not sure how he would accuse us of apostasy ... perhaps you could accuse us (inaccurately, I would argue) of rad-traddery or some other crime against modernity, but apostasy? How does he know if I go to church or not? So, anonymous Fillipino apostate-charging commenter, do please come back and flesh out your accusation, that we may fisk you more thoroughly.

File Under:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But then you think he would have simply told me that I was going to hell for not being a Jehovah's Witness, instead of accusing me of being a Catholic apostate.
-----------------------------------
first, am not saying that you are a catholic apostate. wat i am saying is the catholic, is itself an apostate religion, teaching differently from what the true christians thought us as recorded in the bible.

secondly, i can't say that you go to hell instead, no because hell is not a fiery place as you knew. it is a cemetery, jesus was there for three days so as lazaruz.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe the best insult I ever got was in response to a newspaper column I wrote. A reader wrote me and said I was "worse and doing more harm than Al Qaeda." I think insults are a sign you're doing something correctly...

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home