Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tort Abuse

I respect President Bush -- the man has principles, and he sticks to them. He's not dumb, and he's not inept. But he's also a very poor conservative in many respects(which is why I get tickled pink every time some raving ninny points him out as an example of the "far right"). The latest incident in the administration's dedication to the bloating of the Federal government comes skulking in under the guise of the regulatory agencies. These are the folks who are constantly using the nine scariest words in Washington: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Apparently, the regulatory agencies have taken it upon themselves to decide how state courts should decide torts. "But wait a minute," says even the slow-witted pre-law student, "tort actions in state courts are by their very nature outside the purview of Federal jurisdiction -- otherwise they would be Federal torts." Thankyou for that astute observation. In smaller words, this is a monumental abuse of Federal power. Someone in the administration needs to wake up and put a stop to this NOW. It's absurd that the judiciaries of the sovereign states are being castrated by grubby little bureaucrats in civil service offices, while the rest of the world watches with drool coming out of its mouth in stupefied silence. I heard an aweful lot of applause at the SRLC for the "great job" Bush has been doing. If he wants my applause, he'll have to do something, and doing about this something would be a really fine place to start.


File Under:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Surely he gets points for invading two Moslem countries? That earns points in my book, at least ;-)

10:14 PM  
Blogger owenswain said...

As a Canadian I will reserve any comment on George but as a fellow Amateur Catholic I welcome you into the fold, crowded as it seems to be getting. And at my blog you can pick up my home made rss-style AC B-Team button {some people are so amateurish they prefer it to the big blue box and even to its medium sized cousin}. AC BT, the new rock of ages.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home