Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Monday, October 10, 2005

Daily Dose of St. Augustine

There are a variety of things I would like to talk about, but I have big paper on political authority in the middle ages and Greece to write, so I will leave you with a little St. Augustine to aid in your daily meditations.


Exalted is the homeland, and humble is the way. The homeland is the life of Christ, and His death is the way. If anyone rejects the way, how can such a person seek the homeland?
- Commentary on Psalms 28, 5

Prayer: O Lord, I love You. I love, I burn, I pant for You; I trample under foot all that gives here delight. I want to go to You. Oh to love! Oh to go! Oh to die to myself! Oh to come to You!
- Sermon 159, 8



-------
from Augustine Day by Day. By John Rotelle, O.S.A., ed. New York: Catholic Book Publishing Co. 1986

File Under:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home