Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Thursday, October 20, 2005

St. Paul of the Cross

One more thing ... today is the feast of St. Paul of the Cross, founder of the Passionists. I was unable to find a really good online biography of him (I looked earlier in the week), but he was supremely dedicated to the suffering of our Lord. In a day and age when many of the supposedly "intelligent" and "educated" people are living on another planet, it is good to stop and remember people like St. Paul and the Passionists, and the centrality Christ's passion has to our faith and the fundamental Truths of existence. (Case in point: a book we recently got in at my history journal described dedication to the crucified Christ as "one of the most disturbing artifacts" of medieval culture. I wasn't aware I was living during the middle ages .... how interesting.)

File Under:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home