Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Friday, November 18, 2005

To Our Lady

I thought I would leave everyone with a nice little something before I set off for my travels. I don't know where this prayer came from originally, but it's on a prayer card my dad got when he was little. I've always thought it was an amazing and touching example of child-like faith. It asks questions to which we know the answers, but it's always good to remember that even though we know them, we should not cease to wonder at them as well.

Lovely Lady dressed in blue -
Teach me how to pray!
God was just your little boy,
Tell me what to say!
Did you lift Him up, sometimes,
Gently on your knee?
Did you sing to Him the way,
Mother does to me?
Did you hold His hand at night?
Did you ever try
Telling stories of the world?
O! And did He cry?
Do you really think He cares
If I tell Him things -
Little things that happen? And
Do the Angels' wings
Make a noise? And can He hear
Me if I speak low?
Does He understand me now?
Tell me - for you know.

Lovely Lady dressed in blues,
Teach me how to pray!
God was just your little Boy,
And you know the way.

File Under:

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Have a great trip. I'll look forward to more posts on your blog to read after you return.

Blessings. May St. Christopher, patron saint of travelers, pray for you.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home