Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Friday, December 09, 2005

Vaccine Morality

My "serious post" below sparked a little discussion about vaccination and things about vaccination that I did not know. Apparently, certain vaccinations are created from cell lines harvested from aborted human fetuses. I commented that the question of whether or not to use them was a question for the Congregation for Ethical Conundra . . . I was being facetious, but apparently I was actually spot on more or less. Der Tommissar provided us with a link to this document, which discusses the question of whether or not it is morally licit to use such immunizations. From what it says, it seems that everything except perhaps the chicken pox vaccine (which doesn't work anyways) would be morally permissable in some to most situations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home