Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Monday, February 20, 2006

No Christian is an Island

Enbrethiliel of Sancta Sanctis has posted a fascinating reflection on the similarity between the Swiss Family Robinson and Protestants.

Protestants who try to hijack the Church Fathers have always amused me, in a sad sort of way. I can't count the number of times I thought, "oh, if only they'd read the rest of what he wrote" during my senior Bible class at the Presbyterian school, for which St. Augustine's Confessions was the chief textbook. I can't decide if this is better or worse than their borrowing from modern Catholics (I got my first taste of Peter Kreeft in the same class).

HT to Chad.
File Under:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Layla,

There is a huge buzz about this place concerning women in leadership roles in the church thanks to a seminar which most of Oak Hill college attended yesterday. As I was talking with different people, I remembered that once you wrote quite an amazing peace on the woman standing behind the man, as a helpmeet. I tried to find it, but I can't. Do you still have it on your livejournal or on this site? I would love to revisit it. Bye friend, and cheers to the utmost from London, jbut

11:18 AM  
Blogger Layla said...

That can be found here.

Thanks for your kind words, and I hope all things are going well for you across the pond.

PS- you haven't updated your xanga in a long time!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I just realized that I spelled 'piece' like 'peace'...that's kind of embarrassing. Thanks for the link! I've updated my xanga now :-), Jbut

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home