Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April Fourth

Today is an anniversary of a different sort than the one we commemorated day before yesterday.

Two years ago today--April 4, 2004--was Palm Sunday. That morning, I attended Mass for the first time. Experiencing the beauty of the liturgy was one of the last pushes I needed in order to make up my mind that I absolutely would join the Church.

After Mass and the final hours of the silliness that was that weekend's Youth Legislature conference, a couple of kids visited Nashville's Centennial Park, still not 100% sure of where they stood with one another when they got there. They were both pretty sure when they left, though.

It was a very good day. It's been a very good two years.

File Under:

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I remember that day too because just one week from that day I was received into the Catholic Church. I just love talking about it because it changed my life forever.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Layla said...

Youth Leg, itself, did very, very little to influence my faith, but it was the setting for a few events that helped spur me along towards the Church. :)

I appreciate the prayers very much. Thank you.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Layla,

I'd like to officially welcome you into the Catholic faith even if it is a few days early :)

I had a special image designed for all new Catholics, so please visit my blog and feel free to display it on your blog.

http://acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2006/04/please-pray-for-these-new-catholics.html

I'm so happy for you. Welcome!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home