Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Interesting

The Swiss Guard and Roe v. Wade have the same birthday (Sunday, the 22nd). I don't know about anyone else out there, but I find this fact to be a bit unusual, a creepy example of the terrifying juxtapositions found in today's society. Here, all in its own little calandrical nutshell, is the horrible conflict between the sacred and profane that pulls at the loose threads of civilization. Here we have the group of men sworn to defend His Holiness and the black mass of modernity having the anniversary of their genesis on the same day. How terrible, that a day of tradition and celebration and pomp should instead be marked by a doleful requiem for the victims of our nation's greatest evil.

To look on the bright side, however, the Swiss Guard has a 470 plus year head start. I'll still put my money on them.

File Under:
File Under:

File Under:

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for that information. I'd also place my money on the Swiss Guard too :)

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home