Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Parish Priest

A biography has recently been published of the Servant of God Fr. Michael McGivney, the founder of the Knights of Columbus. It's called Parish Priest: Father Michael McGivney and American Catholicism. Any Knights we have in the audience will have seen the book's first chapter printed in the January issue of Columbia. The Knights of Columbus will receive 10% of all sales made through their website.

The book looks good, and the first chapter was very interesting. I look forward to reading the rest of it.

File Under: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Der Tommissar said...

I'll have to look for my Columbia now.

Are you a brother knight?

5:33 PM  
Blogger M. Alexander said...

Very nice blog. How can you say that your college is the wrong college- just look at all those MLK Jr. events! LOL

Best of luck in school,
from a Political Science major back in the day,
Mary

6:43 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I am not a knight -- I saw my dad's copy while I was at home. I'm planning on joining during law school when my place of residence is more stable. (There's no council on campus and I don't really feel comfortable butting into the town's council when I don't really live here.)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Der Tommissar said...

Err...council's need all the help they can get. I assure you, there is not one council in the world that would feel as if you were "butting in" by becoming a Knight and helping out however you can.

I'll send you a Form 100

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home