Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Coming out of hiding

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't posted much in a while. My purgatory post that Paul mentioned a few days ago is in the works, and hopefully I'll have some more towards the end of next week (midterms have snuck up on me rather like a ninja, and I actually have schoolwork to do all of a sudden. The horror).

I'd like to urge everyone to vote for The Donegal Express for Best Presentation and Most Bizarre Post in the Catholic Blog Awards.

For Best Political Blog (shh...don't tell Der Tommissar I said that) and Best Social Commentary, you MUST vote for Southern Appeal. Seriously, folks. If Mark Shea--who I really like when he writes about stuff he actually understands, but not so much the rest (which lately seems to be most) of the time--beats Southern Appeal in either of those categories, I will lose what very small shred of hope for humanity that I have left. You wouldn't want that to happen, now would you? Vote for SA in Best Group Blog, too, even though we all know Whapping has a tighter hold on that award than Brooks and Dunn has on Best Duo at the CMAs (which is to say, for those of you not in touch with Nashvegas, reallyreally tight. B&D has won Best Duo every year since 1992, except for 2000, when Montgomery Gentry won, to the shock and awe of most everyone in town).

Our dear Moneybags at A Catholic Life gets my votes for Most Devotional and Best New Blog, and he should get yours, too.

And now I must get back to Intergovernmental Relations and World Civ. Before 1500. What fun.

File Under:

4 Comments:

Blogger Der Tommissar said...

I heard that!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Layla said...

Why, sir, I haven't the foggiest notion what you're talking about. You heard what? :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Thank you for your support, Layla. Thank you very much!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Layla said...

Thank you for the ministry you carry out through your blog, Moneybags. :)

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home