Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Very Funny

Whoever said God and the USPS don't have a sense of humor?

One of the few benefits of having a very small family is that one gets doted on by one's relatives in a much greater degree than one does in a large family. My very dear great-aunt has sent me a care package. This was a surprise, but not out of the ordinary. She tries to send me a box a couple times per semester. Yay for Aunt Cherry, right?

Well, yes. I appreciate her thoughtfulness very much. However, said care package came in today, of all days. So I have a bag of Werther's Originals, a bag of sunflower seeds, a box of 'Nilla Wafers, a box of graham crackers, and a can of chocolate icing sitting here taunting me.

I hope everyone's having a penitential Ash Wednesday.

File Under:

1 Comments:

Blogger Der Tommissar said...

It could be worse. You could fast for all of Lent.

Then again, that could be better. Forsaking Werther's Originals will lead to a great reward in heaven.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home