Ecclesiam res et talia sermocinamur -

We talk about the Church, stuff, and such

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Gospel Birthday Meme

No one tagged us for this meme, but I've seen it a couple of places and thought it was a neat idea. Since Fr. Tharp tagged himself, I figured I could, too.

The idea is to find your birthday verse in all four Gospels. My birthday verse (found by plugging the number of your month of birth into the chapter slot and day into verse) is 10:11.

  • Matthew 10:11- "Whatever town or village you enter, look for a worthy person in it, and stay there until you leave."
  • Mark 10:11- "He said to them, 'Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.'"
  • Luke 10:11- "'The dust of your town that clings to our feet, even that we shake off against you.' Yet know this: the kingdom of God is at hand."
  • John 10:11- "I am the good shepherd. A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

Paul's is 9:18.

  • Matthew 9:18- "While he was saying these things to them, an official came forward, knelt down before him, and said, 'My daughter has just died. But come, lay your hand on her, and she will live.'"
  • Mark 9:18- "Wherever it seizes him, it throws him down; he foams at the mouth, grinds his teeth, and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive it out, but they were unable to do so."
  • Luke 9:18- "Once when Jesus was praying in solitude, and the disciples were with him, he asked them, 'Who do the crowds say that I am?'"
  • John 9:18- "Now the Jews did not believe that he had been blind and gained his sight until they summoned the parents of the one who had gained his sight."

An interesting little exercise. I decline to comment whether these say anything about us...

File Under:

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

That's really a great idea for a post. I'll post mine on my blog later on tonight.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home